1. The main types are theatrical (TV and film) and commercial (for commercials only).

2. There are also dance, print (photos only), voice-over (voice only for TV, film, radio), and legitimate (theater) agents.

3. Your agent may represent you for one or more of these categories. Being with the same agency for everything is called being "signed across the board."

4. Some actors prefer to have different agents for different types of work since certain agencies specialize in certain types of casting, while other actors prefer to have centralized representation.

SoYouWanna know more? Check out our full-length article SYW get a talent agent?