Your diet, cardiovascular exercise, and ab exercises will present 99% of your results. But the remaining 1% can be incredibly useful in your quest to become a Greek statue. These are just "little things" that you can do.

One suggestion is to "dress down." Wear clothes that stress your vertical appearance: vertical stripes, pinstripes, and ties often do the trick. Also, darker clothes create a perception of distance from the observer, which tends to make you look a few pounds lighter. (Dark clothes hide the shadows of bulges too).

Also, there are little things you can do during the day to exercise your abs. Every bit helps. Right now, we want you to flex your abs for 5 seconds. Hold it. We'll wait. C'mon, feel the burn! Go! Go! Go! Wuss! Phew… you did it.

Finally, it is highly recommended that you consult with your doctor before you start any rigorous change of lifestyle that includes a change of diet and increased physical activity. This helps you to determine the status of your health and thus the level at which to begin.

We wish you the best of luck, and say hello to Hans and Franz for us.